Why FloatStep® makes sense from an economical perspective
Finally, someone has solved all of the dock ladder problems!
Why FloatStep® is the most remarkable and outstanding marine dock ladder available today designed for use on floating docks, fixed docks and seawalls. The frequent response from most Boat Show, Trade Show and Marine Related exhibit attendees that discover the FloatStep® Dock Ladder is “finally, someone has solved all the problems”.
Whether you have tried wood ladders or metal ladders the problems are always the same – marine growth which attaches to a dock ladder that remains in the water, plus the deterioration of the wood or metal ladder due to the elements or conditions in the water. For decades dock ladder manufacturers have tried several different approaches to prevent these two problems, first by modifying the fixed dock ladder to either pull up or lift with some form of locking mechanism or folding the ladder in an upright position on the dock’s surface. The continued issues created when someone forgets to pull the ladder out of the water after use or the inability to reach the ladder while in the raised or up position from the water in an emergency situation is cause for safety concern.
The last thing you want is to not be able to access the dock ladder from the water in an emergency!
The FloatStep® Dock Ladder solves electrolysis issues – our competitors don’t
Electrolysis is a significant issue on many waterfronts. Barnacles and marine growth cause cuts and infections on bare feet and legs. Marine slime is something that no one enjoys and is also a safety hazard. FloatStep® solves all problems by providing a dock ladder that automatically removes itself from the water when not in use BUT is always available from the water in an emergency!
All ladder rungs are free of hazardous marine growth and you eliminate electrolysis and corrosion which extends the life of your dock ladder significantly. Whether you need a ladder for a wood or metal floating or fixed dock, FloatStep® is the answer. If you need to access the water from a bulkhead or fixed dock FloatStep® provides dock ladders up to ten steps in length, all with the float under the bottom step that automatically removes your ladder from the water when not in use, it never forgets!
While more expensive than traditional dock ladders, the unmatched safety, quality and extended life makes your investment pay back several times over versus replacing traditional dock ladders year after year.
The FloatStep® Difference
- Fabricated with industry standard 6000 series aluminum.
- Safety! Provides safe access at any water level or tide.
- Low profile to minimize interference with vessels.
- The ONLY dock ladder that remains out of the water when not in use reducing electrolysis, corrosion and marine growth.
- The ONLY dock ladder that automatically adjusts to water level changes.
- Durable molded plastic float with a Buoyancy Control valve.
- The FloatStep® float is made from high density plastic and acts as the bottom step of the ladder.
- The ONLY mechanical dock ladder without any pinch points.
- All TIG welded construction for strength, durability and an attractive finish by AWS certified welders.
- More welds per step than our competition for added strength and safety.
- High quality plastic bushings provide a smooth, effortless track system.
- Standard full-length handrail to assist when using.
- Adaptable to various dock systems.
- Winner of the 2007 NMMA Innovative Product of the year. See this page for more information
To download a printable fly sheet, click here.